Farmers can compensate the losses incurred due to the rain caused by the rains, and farmers can spend less than a few percent of the cost and the short-term crops. Between April and July, crops such as gourd, tomato, tomatoes, brinjal, labia and Mentha can be grown.
A total of 26.62 lakh hectares of crops have been wasted in the state due to non-weather rains, in addition to wheat, pulses, and oilseeds, farmers have suffered severe damage. In this way, agricultural experts and educated farmers have advised farmers to spend less time giving higher yielding crops.
Says S.P Singh, agricultural scientist, Narendra Dev Agriculture University: “Most farmers leave the farm empty till the plantation of paddy after cutting wheat. In the meantime, farmers can sow crops like short-term gourds, tomato, pumpkin, tomato, brinjal, loyal, millet, mentha, which can give them better profits. ”
The advice of scientists and successful farmer
• Maize farmer can sow pineapple maize at -1844 variety at this time. This variety gives good yields along with less time than other varieties of maize.
• Moong-peasants can be sown monkey varieties of mung beans. It is ready in 60 to 65 days and it yields from one and a half to two couples per beetle. It costs only Rs 400-450 per bigha.
• Potash variety of urad-urad can be sown at this time. It is ready for 60-65 days and yields of one to one and a half quintals per bigha. The total cost per span is Rs. 250-3000.
These crops are also beneficial
• Mentha-cash crops that grow in a short time include Mentha. In this situation, cultivating varieties of Mentha Kassim revolution will be appropriate for the farmers. Because this variety will give 10 to 12 percent more oil per hectare than other species. According to Sympa scientists, it is resistant to the septic changes of the weather. I.e., if there is more or less rain, its yield will not be different. 170-210 kg of oil per hectare will be obtained from ‘SIM revolution’ species.
• Labia– Before the main crop paddy, farmers can sow the cow’s milk in 60 days. Pant Nagar Agricultural University has developed this type recently, which is suitable for cultivation in the plain areas. Typically, normal varieties of the globe can take 120-125 days to prepare. Sowing of the short-term lab had species such as Pant Lobia-Ek, Pant Loobia-2, and Pant Laobia-3 can be done till April 10. In this case, there is little need for water, so farmers will not have to worry about irrigation due to increase in heat. This new variety can also be grown in zero tillage.